Under the new GDPR May 25th 2018 the following changes have been made to ensure we, The Style Lounge, are protecting yourselves and your data should you wish to visit or purchase from the website.
a. With your permission only can we collect your personal data as you wish to provide it.
b. You will be required to opt in or out of certain marketing strategies offered to you on our website.
c. Any personal data we collect is securely protected by our SSL certificate so there’s no breach of outside parties getting into our website control panel.
d. Under no circumstances will your payment information or passwords be visible to anyone including the CEO as these are protected by secure methods on the website.
e. You have the right to request what information we have stored in all forms and full rights to opt in or out at any time.
Definitions and interpretation
Data collectively all information that you submit to The Style Lounge via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the new UK Data Protection Act 2018 including all rules under the GDPR law.
Cookies a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
The Style Lounge, we or us The Style Lounge of 1 Tyrrell Street, Leicester, LE3 5SB;
UK and EU Cookie Law the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by The Style Lounge and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to The Style Lounge and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
The website that you are currently using, www.thestyleloungeboutique.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. We can only collect the following Data with your permission, which includes personal Data, from you:
b. Date of Birth;
d. Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
e. IP address (automatically collected); for the use of visitors to the website in real time on our live chat but is not stored unless you are a registered customer
f. Payment methods, email address, address
Our use of Data
- For purposes of the new UK Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR law, The Style Lounge is the “data controller”.
- We will retain any Data you submit for 12 months.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the UK Data Protection Act 2018. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:a. internal record keeping;
b. improvement of our products / services;
c. transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
d. contact for market research purposes with your permission which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
Third party websites and services
10. The Style Lounge may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services do not have access to any personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We will not disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
Functionality of the Website
- To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
20. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by The Style Lounge (where such Data is held) on payment of a small fee, which will not exceed £10.00.
- Data security is of great importance to The Style Lounge and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling The Style Lounge to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:Type of Cookie Purpose
Strictly necessary cookies These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to
log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
You may contact The Style Lounge by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.